Sunday, April 20, 2014

How did you spend your easter weekend?


Well I can tell you how Kelly and I spent it... laying some tile. It's been two day and we still not quite finished. We have been trading out laying the tile to give each others back a break. We finally are to a point that we have getting the right consistency in the mortar, placing, cutting, and setting the tile.



I think we both thought that the tile would go down a little faster than it is. But as we go we are learning (trial and error) and we are starting to cover some square footage. 


But since we didn't think just spending the weekend tiling was enough we added a couple other projects. The first was helping out some friends of ours with designing and building a dance floor. The school their children go to is having a dance. To save the charter school some money they volunteered to build a dance floor to put over the gym flooring. 

 A little shopping trip to gather all the material
Track saw makes breaking down sheet goods a snap 
Its all coming together...  
 Screw this!
I don't know why Kelly took a picture of my ass... she likes it!

Meanwhile back in the house... So one of my projects on the list to do is to redo the laundry room. It is a small room that is in desperate need of some TLC. Since the washer and dryer are in the garage while we tile it seemed like a good time to slap a fresh coat of paint on. 
All in all it was a very busy but productive weekend. Tomorrow Kelly goes back to work and I drive to go pick up my kids and put them to work while they're here next week. I was able to get some time off work next week so hopefully I'll be able to make a serious dent in our little remodel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment